CH (COL) SONNY & MRS. MARTHA MOORE LECTURE ON ETHICS
This annual lecture is presented to either the Resident or Distance Education class and examines issues related to ethical leadership of interest to both the civilian and military communities. The College seeks renowned lecturers from the private and government sectors who are well versed in ethics and behavioral studies, and the theories of Just War and conflict.
The lecture honors Chaplain and the late Mrs. Moore for their contributions to the USAWC as members of the Class of 2001, and as the former Chief Protestant Chaplain at Carlisle Barracks. Ongoing support for this lecture series is made possible through the generosity of Mr. and Mrs. Russell T. Bundy, former Foundation Trustee and current Foundation Advisor.
- 2019 – Dr. Shannon E. French, Director, Inamori International Center for Ethics and Excellence; Inamori Professor of Ethics; Associate Professor of Philosophy; and Associate Professor of Law, Case Western Reserve University
- 2018 – Prof. Laurie Blank, Clinical Professor of Law, Director, International Humanitarian Law Clinic, Emory Law School
- 2017- Father J. Bryan Hehir, Parker Gilbert Montgomery Professor of the Practice of Religion and Public Life, Harvard University
- 2016 – Father John Langan, Rose Kennedy Professor of Christian Ethics in the Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Georgetown University
- 2014 – Dr. Clinton O. Longenecker, Stranahan Professor of Leadership and Organization Excellence, The University of Toledo College of Business and Innovation
- 2013 – Dr. Clinton O. Longenecker, Stranahan Professor of Leadership and Organization Excellence, The University of Toledo College of Business and Innovation
- 2012 – Dr. Max Bazerman, Jesse Isidor Straus Professor of Business Administration at Harvard Business School
- 2011 – Mr. Alexandre Harvard, Founder of Virtuous Leadership Institute
- 2010 – MG John D. Altenburg, Jr., form Deputy Judge Advocate General of the U.S. Army
- 2009 – GEN (Ret) Ronald R. Fogleman, former Chief of Staff of the Air Force
- 2008 – Amb. Robert L. Gallucci, Dean of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
- 2007 – Ms. Dana Priest, Washington Post
- 2006 – Mr. R. James Woolsey, former Director, CIA and Director, Foundation for Defense of Democracies
- 2005 – Amb. Robert L. Gallucci, Dean of the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
- 2004 – CH (Col,, Ret) John K. Brinsfield, former USAWC Ethics Professor and Army Chaplain Corps Historian
- 2003 – LTG (Ret) Walter F. Ulmer, Jr.