The scholarship application window for academic year 2024-25 will be open on January 5, 2024 through March 4, 2024. Winners and non-winners will be notified no later than May 1, 2024.
The Army War College Foundation administers a competitive Scholarship Program.
- Open to high school seniors (beginning their college studies next fall) and college undergraduate students (freshmen through juniors).
- The application window opens annually the first week of January with an application deadline the first week of March.
- Generally, applicants must be the child of a Foundation Life Member in order to apply for the full range of Foundation Scholarship.
- NOTE: The Foundation also currently administers several Distance Education (DDE) Alumni Scholarships using the same competitive scholarship selection process. Applicants for these DDE Alumni Scholarship must be the child of a DDE graduate but no AWC Foundation membership is required to apply for these.
- The application process is the same for all of the scholarships and each applicant will automatically be considered for all scholarships for which the applicant is eligible.
- Award winners from previous years are not eligible to compete for a subsequent award. Previous winners should NOT reapply.
All valid applications are evaluated by an impartial committee with no relationship to any of the applicants, and the applications will be evaluated “in the blind” (names removed). The final number and amounts of the Foundation Scholarships awarded will be determined after all applications are received and evaluated, but the award amounts will generally range from $500 – $1500, with a minimum of $25,000 total awarded each year.